Builds Bringing an old 40 back to life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The front floor is in incredible condition with no rust holes, but it needs a full cleaning and sanding

20200202_093858.jpg

Several hours later it's cleaned and sanded

20200202_125130.jpg

After a thorough wipe down, epoxy primer

20200202_135825.jpg

Topped off with Spring Green tinted Raptor

20200202_161937.jpg

Moving forward.

Jr.

One layer of epoxy primer, and a layer of filler primer, then block

20200204_113448.jpg

Then a few layers of Spring Green

20200204_141044.jpg

The steps were not as good as they looked, once they came off

20200204_153741.jpg

So we made some new ones, 1/8", of course. The metal edges and rubber are in good shape thankfully

20200204_163701.jpg

Tomorrow is roof day, yay...😁

Fenders, bib, grill, and skirts have been repaired, painted, and assembled. New tuna cans and the front lights are wired

20200206_175632.jpg

20200206_175801.jpg

Hatch and tailgate are on

20200206_175732.jpg

Side steps are on

20200206_180909.jpg

Matching 50 year old paint is difficult, but we're awful darn close

20200206_175703.jpg

Jr.

Looking great Jr

I hope your not filling up this summer ... my truck is hurting lol

Btw ... for the side steps... the original pattern white pyramid vinyl is still available new ... you can get it reasonably priced here:

One of those things that if Travis @1967fj40 wanted to pick it up it’s a one banana job to replace the old matting with ... if he chose to go that route

Let tyke know if he’s ever wanting the hat back ... I still have it ... it’s a bit on the thin side now and you can’t make out the puffin however :meh:

0CAF1DC5-FFEE-418D-B2CA-0A6EBCAB56E4.jpeg

Fenders, bib, grill, and skirts have been repaired, painted, and assembled. New tuna cans and the front lights are wired

View attachment 2203472

On my '67, I replaced the rear quarter panels as well. Looking for ideas on ensuring the holes needed for mounting doors / emblems are in the correct place. What are you planning to use?

@Cegoforth if they are not installed I'll be in the same position as you and looking for answers on here haha I would assume someone can pop them out relatively easy and give you an exact measurement on where they are. Ill keep you posted

On my '67, I replaced the rear quarter panels as well. Looking for ideas on ensuring the holes needed for mounting doors / emblems are in the correct place. What are you planning to use?

20200213_095415.jpg

Travis wanted a tailgate so this truck is different, but if you look in the pic the top two hinge bolt holes are still there, did you cover/remove those? That would set you up for the doors. Otherwise it's mount the hatch and gate doors however you can , friends holding everything, and make marks where you need them. For emblems and other stuff we measure other trucks and scour internet pictures. Other times just claim artistic license and do the best you can 😁

Travis wanted a tailgate so this truck is different, but if you look in the pic the top two hinge bolt holes are still there, did you cover/remove those? That would set you up for the doors. Otherwise it's mount the hatch and gate doors however you can , friends holding everything, and make marks where you need them. For emblems and other stuff we measure other trucks and scour internet pictures. Other times just claim artistic license and do the best you can 😁

man that spare tire carrier looks nice 😏

Passenger seat was cobbled/tack welded together with angle iron to move it waaaaay back. It's solid now, and back where it belongs

20200213_183900.jpg

Front end is done

20200213_183842.jpg

Coolant system is tight and heater is in

20200215_174325.jpg

Electrical system is back to normal as well.
Moving forward.

@fourlow&go Junior, my family can’t thank you and Wally enough. You guys are awesome. The quality of work exceeded our expectations. Thank you again

Now when can we pick it up?!😬

I am sure you could if ya write a check. Nice and faaaaassssst work. Well worth it. Time is money. Good move on your part. Get to enjoy it sooner than most
:rofl:

Last edited:
@fourlow&go Junior, my family can’t thank you and Wally enough. You guys are awesome. The quality of work exceeded our expectations. Thank you again

Now when can we pick it up?!😬

Glad you like it Travis! Just need to suss out some carb issues, I think we have it but it was late last night, so some test rides today and it should be good to go. Please hold 😁

I am sure you could if ya write a check. Nice and faaaaassssst work. Well worth it. Time is money. Good move on your part. Get to enjoy it sooner than most
:rofl:

Thank you.

You can have it good
You can have it fast
You can have it cheap,
Pick two 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom