Bring the 70 series to the North America! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need 4 more "supports" to make it public

Donedeal.

Done

Thanks Pappy and lurch! I'd love to see this petition sent to Toyota with a bunch of support. I will eventually move this to the main page of Mud, then to every other forum I can think of, I just wanted it to start with local NM support.

You do realize that there is no chance in hell that this is going to happen. I mean, never ever gonna happen.

You do realize that there is no chance in hell that this is going to happen. I mean, never ever gonna happen.
Ya, and I wouldn't be able to afford one if they did come over. Still, I voted knowing full well it was a waste of time.

I didn't know Beno was on the Toyota Board... A defeatist attitude is not a good thing. I'm quite sure they'd sell a lot more 70s than they do the big ones. Just sign it if you would like to see more 70s around here...

I didn't know Beno was on the Toyota Board... A defeatist attitude is not a good thing. I'm quite sure they'd sell a lot more 70s than they do the big ones. Just sign it if you would like to see more 70s around here...

Well, he does know a thing or two from inside the world of Toyota!

Very true, he knows a huge amount about what Toyota is doing. On top of that, a market survey would certainly show that not very many people even know what the Toyota 70 series is, so the conventional knowledge would support his statement. However, with the looming credit crisis that promises to exceed the crises of the past (housing, dotcom, etc.) there is an undercurrent of survivability that is refocusing attitudes. If the 40 was "the vehicle you wanted if you wanted to drive cross country after a nuclear war" the 70 series with its durability, reliability, and increased affordability could be its contemporary replacement and the vehicle one wanted to get around in as the reality of the transportation infrastructure expense sinks in and there is a decrease in monies spent on routes that don't support interstate commerce. In Federal Highway's parlance this is known as "decommissioning" and since about 75% of highway construction funding comes from the federal government, it's going to be a huge issue.

A more practical alternative than the recent UAV attempt... A 70 series goes for a little over half the price of a 200 series, which makes purchase a lot more palatable.

Of course, maybe I'm just dreaming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom