Brights one minute, Brights Flicker, Alt light breifly comes on, bye brights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don’t realize how nice brights are until they are gone. I have seen the threads where people loose brights when moving the stalk to the back locked position, but still able to make them work when pulling the stalk towards the driver. Mine is different.

One night I was driving, lights were working fine, and a car was coming the opposite direction. So naturally I kill the brights. Car passes and I go to push the stalk back out to engage brights. Immediately the brights flicker and the alternator light flickers as well. I kill the brights and that’s all she wrote. Now no mater what pushing or pulling the stalk the brights do not engage. The brights light on the gauge cluster does illuminate though.

Any ideas on what it could be? Also the alternator is six months old and nothing else has been giving me grief so I believe it is fine. It is weird the alternator light did flash though there has to be some correlation somewhere right?

Thanks!

Check your bulbs too. Mine doesn't do it, but it could be that one bulb burned out and lost the circuit for both.

Do you have a Slee harness installed or anything like that?

Check your bulbs too. Mine doesn't do it, but it could be that one bulb burned out and lost the circuit for both.

Do you have a Slee harness installed or anything like that?

No Slee Harness installed all stock. It does make sense a bulb may have burned out and lost the circuit. I’ll check them tonight. Thanks!

I lost my main lights on the way home last night and was just through the EWD for this.

It's pretty weird both highbeams are not working and the indicator light is working as they share the same switched ground (pins 9 & 12) through the dimmer switch to complete the circuit.

1. If it was the HEAD relay no lights would work (mains and highbeam)
2. If it was the fuses only one headlight would be out (if the indicator light is also out that's RH fuse, if it's working LH fuse)

I'd start by seeing if you are getting power over the pins on the headlight connections and trace from there - from the symptoms maybe a broken wire in the harness between the E4 and I6 connectors ?

Or just two blown bulbs which would be VERY odd to happen at once ?

Not an electrical engineer so take my advice with a sea of salt ;)

My issue was a plug had worked it's way loose on the Slee harness so it was an easy fix...

Good luck !

2010-05-27_211047_fuse.gif

View media item 78419

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom