Brightest yellow fog light bulb upgrade pre-2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Was researching but seems everybody on Amazon claims his H16 bulb is producing more lumens. Experience however says differently. Sometimes they claim raw lumens and not actual.

I need yellow ones for use both in foggy and clear weather, they will have to be brighter than stock, so appreciate your feedback if you've gone this way..

Thanks.

I've always have had great luck with https://www.rallylights.com/

This a company who answers the phone ask for Will and he can answer your questions.

BajaDesigns Squadron Pro.

Just please don't use them near other people/drivers.

BajaDesigns Squadron Pro.

Just please don't use them near other people/drivers.

The problem is finding the appropriate fog pocket kit. Does anyone make a fog pocket kit for 2013-2015 LC's yet?

Thanks all for the replies. Am going with a bulb only upgrade, since to my knowledge no one has a fog pocket kit for the previous 2016..

I think these are the ones I bought for my 2011 lx570. inexpensive and quite bright/yellow.

Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R H8 H11 LED Bulbs,12V Fog Lights/DRL Replacement H16 H1155 H8LL H11LL, 3000K Amber Yellow Xtreme Super Bright Amazon product ASIN B07SBK53ML

Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro is fantastic. Not sure if fitment is identical between LX and LC, but I would check with them... SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2008-2011 Lexus LX570 - https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2008-2011-lexus-lx570.html

I'll second this. I have the SS3 Pro and they are crazy bright. You can buy them with yellow or clear lenses. It was straight bolt up to my 2015 LX, and I used a fitment kit for a 2016+ Tacoma, so I'd be shocked if they didn't fit a 2015 LC. You could probably do a part number comparison pretty quickly for the fog housings. I think a bulb replacement will not give you the performance you're looking for, especially if you want yellow output.

The Rigid SAE fog lights are not a direct swap, but they are extremely bright - almost 1800 lumens. They have a proper fog light cut-off and are DOT-approved. If you don't mind figuring out a bracket and trim plate I'd recommend these. They are white not yellow but you can convert any fog light to yellow with some inexpensive Lamin-X.

Thanks for this. I sent these guys a note to see if they have similar complete assembly. They do show drop in bulb options up to ~1500 lumens on their site...
to close the loop here - their sales group responded back and no dice for LC other than the drop in option.

The Rigid SAE fog lights are not a direct swap, but they are extremely bright - almost 1800 lumens. They have a proper fog light cut-off and are DOT-approved. If you don't mind figuring out a bracket and trim plate I'd recommend these. They are white not yellow but you can convert any fog light to yellow with some inexpensive Lamin-X.
Thanks Linuxgod. I am too lazy for that sort of customization! I may try some of the higher lumen drop ins…

A vendor needs to make a bracket for the 2013-2015 200s. Squadrons, SS3s, whatever - I just want to put a powerful light in the OEM bumper cutouts. Bending some tab brackets and powder coating can’t be too hard or $$ for Rago or Rigid or some other light kit maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom