Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Misc updates. New insulator and clips. Spent some time cleaning up under the hood prior so i could sleep easier. So much nicer looking under the hood now.

A49FE917-4B6F-4726-B701-CB5978A0BA1A.jpeg

5265B822-9026-4B0B-B99F-F0679026DEE4.jpeg

My insulator is long gone... any real reason to run one other than possibly protecting the hood paint?

So the order that came today is new hardware for the steering gear, the oem rebuilt kit, soft return lines, new hardware for the intermediate shaft shield, more hardware and even sourced one of the last hardlines off the steering gear from an 80 series. Actually a handful of items are sourced off 80s that are NLA.

View attachment 1546779

Questions for you on the steering box. Do you have p/n for the 4 steering box bolts that attach it to the frame?

Any advice for removing the pitman from the relay rod up front? My puller is too large and I’m afraid to use a pickle fork and damage the rubber bits there.

Thanks!

Questions for you on the steering box. Do you have p/n for the 4 steering box bolts that attach it to the frame?

Any advice for removing the pitman from the relay rod up front? My puller is too large and I’m afraid to use a pickle fork and damage the rubber bits there.

Thanks!

90105-12104 - bolt, x4
94622-11200 - washer, x4
90179-12020 - nut, x4

Use the pictured OTC tie-rod puller, works the best. I swiped mine at O'Reilly.

tierod puller.jpg

Last edited:
Hood insulator is still available? Do you have a part number?

Awesome thanks. How many clips does it use?

wow that motor looks much cleaner now that there is an air cleaner on the side! Seems like less hassle to get to the Carburator!

I plan on doing the Desmog soon, and getting one of those nifty carbs from overseas that only requires 1 vacuum line! This new type of air filter may complete the streamline style I aim for!

@Garrissey , hit up @Racer65 for the Japanese carb. It is so simple, even I can hook it up wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom