BRIDGESTONE DUELER AT REVOS ARE IN!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my new Bridgestone A/T Dueler REVO's mounted and boy, what a difference in traction! I went through some snow covered road, icy winding road to test drive and wow! It is night and day difference.
In dry pavement, it is also quiter than my other Dueler H/L's.
Thanks to all you guys with great inputs on selecting this tires. It is highly recommended!!

They have a nice look to them for an AT type tire...

XZLs would have been better...:flipoff2:

I'm bummed. I just bought my 80 and the PO had just installed Deuler H/L's.
Nice to hear they suck! :(
Guess I need to go wear them out so I cn get something good.

How much do these tires go for? I'm looking for some new ones for my 80 soon.

I just slapped a set of the at Revo's on my 80 too. I love them so far. Handle great in the rain (not that it rains all that much on the WA coast ::) )

:)
I just put a pair on the 80 too. Paid 614.00 for the works - tax, stems, balance, alignment, lifetime road hazard. I went with 265/75 16's and they are awesome (kinda rough at eh rec. psi though) - just hope I don't regret not gettting the 285/75's. The dealer said the 265's are a 10 ply tire with recommended pressure at ~ 80psi :eek:, and the 285's are 8 ply that are supposed to run 55 psi. We run the 285's on my wife's Yukon XL and they are kinda rough at anything over 42 psi.

Jay

That would most likely be a ply rating and not the actual amount of tread plies.

[quote author=doctorJ link=board=2;threadid=11067;start=msg100169#msg100169 date=1076038446]
The dealer said the 265's are a 10 ply tire with recommended pressure at ~ 80psi
[/quote]

80 PSI!! Holy Shiite :eek: - Yeah I'd guess they'd be a bit rough.

Congrats on the REVO's!!!! I've put 10k miles on mine since October in lots of adverse and off road conditions (Land Surveying so I wheel at work :) ) and I am still tickled with the ability. So far tire wear seems great. Road noise has increased slightly after 10k mi. but it is still very acceptable. I run mine at 34psi currently but I believe they could use a little more air b/c the sidewall bulges more than I'm used too.

Hey, Is this tire quieter then a bfg a/t? and is it comparabe traction wise to a bfg a/t?

Thanks dudes

Yes it is a comparable tire to the bfg a/t traction-wise. As far as road noise I believe it is comparable as well. These two issues seem to be opiniative though. Your mileage may vary. :)

Okay, this is probably the elusive 'magic' tire that doesnt exist, having the best of both AT and MT worlds, but: I'd like to find a tire that is a LITTLE noisier than a BFG AT (has a larger space between lugs), but still has the tread lifetime of an AT (not the soft tread of an MT), are there any recommendations?

DRJ,

Not sure why the shop recommended 80 psi as the inflation pressure, but I think there was a misunderstanding. If it's the same size tire as stock (tread width), then running the factory pressures would be a proper starting point. Go up for better weight carrying ability all the way to the sidewall max, which is 80psi in your case. Ditto for your other rig - rarely would you need to be at sidewall max.

DougM

I've got the Revos in 285/75/16 and run them around 35psi which is where my installer recommended. I love the tires but for my next set I'm looking at the Dueler M/T's in the same size. Anybody have any experience with these? Are M/T tires really noisy on the road? I looked at tirerack and the ratings didn't seem to suggest they were unbearably noisy.

I'll add my review of the AT Revo's (285/75R16) tomorrow evening....having them put on in the a.m. GOTTA' be better than the Eagles on there now (295s).

Oh yeah....was that 'hub' or 'lug' centric balancing........

seriously.

lug centric

1 day, 470 miles later.....285/75 16 Revo.

I like 'em. excellent wet traction, a LOT quieter than I would have expected given the tread (quiter that the old Eagles or the LTXs). Good performance in N. Mississippi red clay, and performed extremely well on the highly-subjective bkgiii "swerve-around-the-dead-possum-on I-55-at-80-mph" test

Recommended for the rest of you mostly-road / sometimes offroad / no-crawlin' folks.

I'm considering the Revo's when I replace also thanks for the report.

Why swerve around the dead possum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom