Breeze Constant Torque Clamps - A Comprehensive List - Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thedoughboy

SILVER Star
Threads
I have never been able to justify spending the $ on those fancy constant torque clamps. However, after changing my heater control valve this past weekend I realized how damaging the cheap clamps really are. The expensive silicone heater hose I used last summer was clearly damaged by the cheap clamps. I am planning on swapping out everything as time and $ permit. At $5-$12 a clamp, I will be doing this in stages.

I was wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of Breeze constant torque clamps (sizes for locations) needed to swap everything out?

If not, can someone chime in on how much "play" is optimal for these clamps? That is, if I need a 26 mm clamp should I buy one close to this, say 30 mm? Or, should I get a 40 mm to take advantage of the "liner quality" these clamps have to offer?

Sorry, I don't have a list because I just noted what I needed, used a pair of calipers to get the diameter and then ordered extras. Get a whole box of the smallest ones. Even then they don't make a CTC that is small enough for the bypasses that go to the throttle and the one from the radiator nipple. Just use the OEM ones there.

Here is a kit for the radiator hoses (3) but doesn't go into the heater hoses:
http://ajikoverlandexchange.com/pro...e-breeze-radiator-hose-clamp-replacement-kit/

Sorry, I don't have a list because I just noted what I needed, used a pair of calipers to get the diameter and then ordered extras. Get a whole box of the smallest ones. Even then they don't make a CTC that is small enough for the bypasses that go to the throttle and the one from the radiator nipple. Just use the OEM ones there.

Here is a kit for the radiator hoses (3) but doesn't go into the heater hoses:
http://ajikoverlandexchange.com/pro...e-breeze-radiator-hose-clamp-replacement-kit/

Yes, I saw his kit. It looks like what I want to build.

I took some measurements on the obvious clamps. I was wondering how much larger you went on the clamps? I have not used these before and would hate to spend the $$$ only to realize I should have increased the size by 10 mm.

I know I am being :confused: but I figure why not get the "perfect fit" ;)...

I replaced all my clamps with the breeze "shielded" clamps. Work well. No problem so far. Actual constant torque clamps are soooo expensive.

Do you find the narrower clamp to be wide enough to get a good clamping seal without cutting into the hose?

I used 1000s of the Oetiker clamps at the company I used to work for on HVAC systems we built for city buses. The key is to follow the installation instructions. I've had them on my PPH hose now for several years with no issues.

Anybody have any idea how tightly the Breeze clamps should be torqued down on the PHH? Also, any idea how to get a torque wrench in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom