1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaks

Discussion in 'CA.BC- Coastal Cruisers' started by jfc, Jun 29, 2005.

1. jfc

jfc

SO my breaks went, the pedal went all hard and I could stop(eventually) but couldn't lock them up. :mad:
    After a quick inspection of the break fluid on my floor I decided to take my master off an rebuild it, but once I got it off it seemed fine,(the break fliud on my floor was from the clutch master) :doh:

Toyota manual said I could have a ceased cylinder, or a vacume/breakbooster problem.

One of my back cylinders was ceased a bit on one side so i fixed that but it wasnt the problem. :mad: :mad:

Yesturad I changed the vacume pump and I can lock them up again. :)

BUt my break may (I didn't pay as much attention to how they felt before) be a bit squishy, I bleed the breaks many times (too many if you ask lindsay), but I did not bleed the master by itself, is this a necesity?

:cheers:
    Jim

2. Deny

Deny

Take the dead fish off the peddle, and it won't be squishy! :D ;p
    What did it say in that famous manual you got, did it say bleed the master when you take it apart? If yes then do it sucka! :flipoff2:
    On another more serious note, if your rear brakes (not breaks) are not adjusted, they will also seem squishy.
    Cheers,
    Deny

3. Deny

Deny

And who is Yesturad?

4. chuglife

chuglife

bench bleeding helps, but you can still get all the air out of your system bleeding at the wheels... it will just take alot longer. if you took the M/C out, though, you might as well bench bleed it, since it takes about 50 cents of parts and 2 min's of time. rock hard pedal sounds more like a booster problem, if you ask me...

edit: didn't see you fixed the problem already. disregard :doh: