Brayden's school Cruiser, now dads work and hunting rig. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With Brayden being a freshman now and soon being able to drive to school, I started looking for a car. Found a couple pretty nice cars and when I showed her she said " Dad I want a Landcruiser!" Talking about a happy dad! So I started looking and this is what I found. She was tickled to death.

uploadfromtaptalk1442167858841.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442167870453.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442167874911.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442167884098.jpg

I've had it home now for a couple of weeks and this is what it looks like now.

uploadfromtaptalk1442168248697.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442168279744.jpg

We are wanting to put on an aftermarket front bumper so keep your eyes open for me.

The paint looks distinctly nicer than the last time I saw it. How did the dorkel install go?

I power washed the pealing clear off and that made a huge difference.

I have to get it down to my paint guy this month and find out my options.

The snorkel, it's a good thing I read reviews here on MUD first.
I double checked the template as stated in the reviews and all but one hole was off.
After moving them and matching my fender crease with the snorkel, it was a piece of cake.
Well spend $80 if you ask me.

Ha Ha I know how you feel Brother, Same answer i got when Will was in High School. Ya done good Dad

Update, the Cruiser is running great! Brayden gave it the name Bruce, she said if it gives her fits she will call it Caitlyn.LOL
I added a train horn, a pioneer stereo and a 12" sub for her. She won't let me put any stickers on Bruce yet.

_20160102_204302.JPG

Lucky kid! She's stoked. My 6 year old daughter has already claimed my '91 pickup.

Nice work. Both my kids started with 80's. Ones moved to a 40 and the other to a 100. Enjoy

Since Brayden is driving farther than just school and back. (20 miles) And her grandma decided to get a new car. We decided to get her into something newer and better gas mileage.
So sad to say that Bruce is now for sale. I told everyone at Tall Corn that 5k would buy him, I think that is reasonable.
ARB compressor and tank, rear heater bypassed, no leaks, new y pipe and cats.

Engine light O2, air bag light.

Still gets 12MPG

So tempting but trying to talk the wife into letting me spend $5k...
Same here, would like to have an 80 but I have too many Yota's as it is. Hmm.

Did you just basically cut that all off flush and weld a plate on the bottom? I need to do mine, it's just starting to rust through.

I had to add some to it, I could only go up so far on the inside as you can see from the picture. The other side should be flush like you are saying. It isn't as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom