Wanted Brass Heater Pipe off a 96.5+ 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When you think your heater core is leaking, but it's really your heater pipe....that toyota no longer sells. I've gone the route to try and get my pipe brazed, but they guy came back 45 mins later, handed me the pipe, said "sorry" and then walked away. So, if you have this pipe and don't want to rake me over the coals too bad it would appreciated.

This goes through the firewall, makes a 90 and then connects to the double core heater core, which has a pipe brazed into it. If you don't have a double thickness heater core the pipe will be aluminum and is different.

Part #4 in this parts diagram. Screen shot below.

heater pipe.PNG

Also, pic of my pipe with some rulers for scale.

Resized_20170118_101619.jpeg

87248-60660. i punched the part number in on a few sites i use and no one mentions discontinued. try toyota parts zone. i've had good luck with them ordering parts local dealers tell me aren't available. pretty sure they are ok with going across the pond as it took 3 months to get my engine harness

Thanks, I'll try ordering it but Jesse @ ATLR who is working on this for me told me it was discontinued. I tried Ana...whatever it is, but they don't show it available. If anyone has one...I'm still working it from the used end.

EDIT: My bad. I looked up the wrong part number. 1 digit off. :lol:

This part is barely still available from Toyota. Barely.

Last edited:
if no luck , with above , ...

PM me, I bought a roll of 5/8" & sticks of 1/2" CUNI copper nickle alloy to do a lexus / 80 sereris rear heater pipes without pulling the trans , drive train etc ...

snaked it .........

its the NEW BOMB standard at my shop .....

i can make that flat STOP seat profile as well where o ring goes

good luck !

OK, I was incorrect about years and part number, I though I needed the pipe for the '96.5+ years, as that is the single row/aluminum pipe we're all referencing off the part number @nuclearlemon wrote down. my '96 lx450 was in the first half of '96 and has a double row (?) and brass 2 piece inlet pipe. So, what I need is on the earlier version cruisers. 87248-60430 is the part number I needed. Most sites show it to be discontinued, at least everyone I checked did.

@mel lowe shipped me the used one, so hopefully I can wrap up this 3 month project.

lol, so you had me tear down 2 dashes for the wrong year :flipoff2:

nah, glad you found it man. it was bugging me i couldnt get this part for you. i really want your swap finished so i can see pics of it.

lol, so you had me tear down 2 dashes for the wrong year :flipoff2:

nah, glad you found it man. it was bugging me i couldnt get this part for you. i really want your swap finished so i can see pics of it.

Yeah, Jesse and I were kind of talking past each other on this on. Sorry about the mix up. If it makes you feel better, I bought a pipe that looked just like the one you tore out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom