Brand New OEM Drive Shafts Have Play? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I can't seem to find an answer on this one...

Do brand new OEM drive shafts have yoke spline play before they are filled with grease? Basically if you twisted a new shaft at both ends, would you feel clunking at the yoke?

No such play when I bought mine.

Same with the i bought earlier this year.

Curious on this as well. I am looking to get a new shaft soon myself, I just love throwing money at my 80 trying to solve vibration problems.

So I can't seem to find an answer on this one...

Do brand new OEM drive shafts have yoke spline play before they are filled with grease? Basically if you twisted a new shaft at both ends, would you feel clunking at the yoke?
You will NOT feel a clunk at the yoke on a new shaft, even if you removed all the grease.

Like stated, only a few thousandths of an inch for slip fit and room for lube.

You will NOT feel a clunk at the yoke on a new shaft, even if you removed all the grease.

Like stated, only a few thousandths of an inch for slip fit and room for lube.

Measured my old drive shaft rotational spline play last night and got 12 to 15 thousands of an inch... I wonder if this is too much?

Measured my old drive shaft rotational spline play last night and got 12 to 15 thousands of an inch... I wonder if this is too much?
Rabbit, Meet Hole. Here we go, something else for my OCD to obsess about....:censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom