Brand new HJ60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overlandinthesun.com
Waaaaaaaaaaay to high price tag maybe 18k US when the economy rebounds

I for one, do not dream of owning an all original vehicle with low mileage. However, this example is probably worthy of the price, as it exemplifies how to buy and store a car for maximum future sales value.

I wonder if the original purchase price, storage and maintenance costs are realized with the sale, and if some other investment vehicle could have provided better returns.

Rick

That is $1,250 a mile! Imagine what mine must be worth.

I think that is a fair price, but how do you drive a truck like that? IMO, it is far more fun to use the stuff you buy rather than just looking at it.

'NOT a jap import' :confused:

In halifax Canada, so yeah this is probably not a import. I don'tknow last year they sold 60 up here but 1990 could be good.

That is Halifax UK
I would agree with the rest of you it is a rare find but $48,000 for that kind of coin it would never be used what it was designed for.

I for one, do not dream of owning an all original vehicle with low mileage. However, this example is probably worthy of the price, as it exemplifies how to buy and store a car for maximum future sales value.

I wonder if the original purchase price, storage and maintenance costs are realized with the sale, and if some other investment vehicle could have provided better returns.

Rick

In 1990 the HJ60 GX retailed for $34,775 here in OZ or about GBP 14,000. Not much profit I think.

Yes is in Halifax UK!

When adverts in the UK say "Not a Jap import" they mean that it has been built for the UK market and sold new through a UK dealership. Because Japan drives on the same side of the road as us, we get what are called "grey imports" from Japan. These are cars built for the Japanese market, sold in the UK as nearly new. They are cheaper, but often come with service history / documents in Japanese (so you have no idea what its history is!) and are often down on power and / or have 80mph speed limiters etc. They are also difficult to insure.

I think UK landcruiser in 1990 to that spec, would have been around £35-40K so it still seams to have gone down in value a little. (Cars used to be very expensive new in the UK)

I bet if you tried to drive it every day now, it would be more unreliable than any of our "well used" landcruisers. Just think of all the rubber degrading..

That is Halifax UK
I would agree with the rest of you it is a rare find but $48,000 for that kind of coin it would never be used what it was designed for.

Doh. sorry

As much as I would like to stare at all the shiny aluminum and minty parts , 48 G's seems a bit steep. If it were a European left hand drive with a turbo diesel, 5 speed, full floated and cable locker version it would be a little more enticing.
Still though for 48 you could buy a couple rare gems.

Very cool that they kept it in a hibernation chamber for almost 20 years. They could give you some better pics though.

I wonder if Toyota (or any automaker) looks at these classics selling for such huge coin and thinks "you know, maybe somewhere we lost our way."

I, for one, would never pay that much for a cruiser with square lights. ;)

Cheers,
prat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom