For Sale BRAND NEW 40 SERIES OEM TOYOTA SPEEDOMETER CLUSTER 12V (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Akella

SILVER Star
Threads
Brand new TOYOTA OEM speedo cluster for 40 series 12V. It has 50A AMP meter. Cluster in KM/H

It should work on early models as well.

Price is $350USD Shipped
40 series cluster brand new 0.jpg
40 series cluster brand new 1.jpg
40 series cluster brand new 3.jpg

No telling how long it would have taken for me to notice that!
Thanks

@Tiger JP i got one instock right now. I can ship to Africa by slow mail. Send me PM with your country and i will let you know the total.

FYI, it's a 4th generation cluster for 1979 and later models. The AMmeter (50Amp) is a different circuit and will not work in earlier models.
All about clusters here: Clusters, Gauges, Speedo & Odo meters

Rudi
HI Rudi I have a new cluster like that one , it is in my fj40 with 55 amp alternator and am trying to figure out how to make the 50 amp ammeter work by using the feed from the alternator as a shunt , it may not be accurate but will give me an indication of charge or discharge ? Do you have any idea of the specs milli voltage on the meter ?

Dave

HI Rudi I have a new cluster like that one , it is in my fj40 with 55 amp alternator and am trying to figure out how to make the 50 amp ammeter work by using the feed from the alternator as a shunt , it may not be accurate but will give me an indication of charge or discharge ? Do you have any idea of the specs milli voltage on the meter ?

Dave

Hi Dave,

What year is your Cruiser?

Rudi

HI rudi it is a 72 but has a 1 kz motor and wiring loom with auto transmission , I am pretty confident on wiring on the new ammeter but don't have the mv rating for the 50 amp meter . Dave
I have all the rest of the gauges working except the fuel, speedo and ammeter , I will need a fuel sender , I have a speedo converter identified but don't want ot blow the ammeter in the new cluster.

I have all the rest of the gauges working except the fuel, speedo and ammeter , I will need a fuel sender , I have a speedo converter identified but don't want ot blow the ammeter in the new cluster.

You need a 0.006 ohm shunt resistor. This creates a voltage drop of 300mV.
You can do this by using 18" of AWG14 wire.
Something like this:
Untitled1-edit.jpg

Rudi

If you're in a situation that the output is really 55 Amps, the needle will pass the 50 mark a bit. No worries.

Rudi

Rudi

Im moving onto the fuel gauge , I have a sender unit for a KZ78 as that is the tank I fitted , it has a warning light. It is not compatible with the gauge in the photo and the back of the unit look likes the attached picture , would you know what the ohm for the fuel gauge is ? Also attached pic of FJ , assembled in Kenya , rebuilt in Kenya and now in Capetown South Africa.

Any help appreciated

Dave

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

Here you go:
Image-27crop.jpg

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom