Brand/name of roof basket in pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the brand model basket on the stock rack in this pic?

Thanks

Herrett

44B93634-3E59-42C5-8770-6EE5BB9B02AD.jpeg

Realize that's only attached to the s***ty factory roof rack that's only designed for about 100 lb.

Don't plan on placing much up there other than a small soft bag.

The Defenders are rated for 150 pounds, evenly distributed, and a tire size limit of 33" or less. It looks good, but factor in the price of a mounting kit, and you're not far from a more capable product from Baja Rack like this: Baja Rack 80 Series Land Cruiser Standard Basket Rack

The Defenders are rated for 150 pounds, evenly distributed, and a tire size limit of 33" or less. It looks good, but factor in the price of a mounting kit, and you're not far from a more capable product from Baja Rack like this: Baja Rack 80 Series Land Cruiser Standard Basket Rack
Thanks, I don’t have the time right now to remove the stock factory rack. So I’m looking for a Bolt on I know that mega warrior is probably a good one but I also think that Baja makes one. I understand the white limitations.

Herret

Thanks, I don’t have the time right now to remove the stock factory rack. So I’m looking for a Bolt on I know that mega warrior is probably a good one but I also think that Baja makes one. I understand the white limitations.

Herret
So I guess from looking at this picture that you can mount a Yakima basket to the rails on your 80 without removing the factory rack. Does that require non standard tower mounts?

Herrett

EE8DE5EA-5A4C-4265-9EC9-8B289D5DBE0F.jpeg

Hard to tell, but I will guess that they are using the Yakima 1A Hi-Rise raingutter mounts. The Hi-Rise offers more clearance than the regular 1A to clear the factory rack. I believe that Megawarrior has a load capacity of 130 pounds.

I have that same Yakima rack with the standard A1 mounts, not the high rise version. I wouldn't mount anything to the factory (port installed) roof rack rails. At this point in time, those nutserts and the sheet metal they're installed in are pretty suspect on most of our trucks. My SoCal truck even had some significant rust in at least a couple of the holes. YMMV.

I don't know that I'd run 5 x A1 mounts, but I would run at least 3. And I agree about the factory rack--I wouldn't trust it after 20+ years either.

I don't know that I'd run 5 x A1 mounts, but I would run at least 3. And I agree about the factory rack--I wouldn't trust it after 20+ years either.
Thanks guys. Will the A1 mounts allow it to clear the roof rack?

Herrett

Yes, A1 mounts allow the Yakima basket to clear the factory roof rails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom