brakes

lately i have been having some problems with my brakes. They work fine except when sitting at a stop sign or something were i keep my foot on the brake for a awhile. They start off hard and slowly lose pressure till my foot is on the floor. Then i have to pump them back up to get them to be hard again.

I have been watching the fluid reservoir and the level hasn't changed in the last month.

brake booster ??

master cylinder??

kyle

Have you done anything to the brakes lately, that may have possibly introduced air into the system.

Master cylinder, fluid is leaking past the pistons, you could change out the fluid and try to flush any crud in there out, but it's more than likly done.

x4 on the MC. I had this same problem. SOR has them for $150 (approx) thats where I got mine. Took about 30 minutes to take off and reinstall.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Y'know, back in the day, us old-timers would actually re-build our master cylinders...The dealership had really good re-build kits, heck, Napa had good rebuild kits and the rebuild itself was very easy. Might want to look into that.
BTW, agree it's your M/C...

It may very well be your mc but I had the same problem, bled mine and they work much better. Bleeding is obviously a cheap attempt at solving your problems.

X 4? on M/C. I did mine a few weeks ago, it had the same symptoms although severe enough that there was no question it had to be changed . I also discovered that "aftermarket" Beck Arnsley cylinders are repackaged Aisins !!

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Much easier to rebuild than a carb, but buy a hone...your kit would be different than mine, won't tell you what I paid. Beck-Arnley makes re-build kits for Toyota masters too.

how much for a rebuild kit? it cant be any harder than the carb i rebuilt twice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom