Brakes Squeek in reverse only??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 all stock except for torsion bar crank and no running boards. I have just started hearing a squeek in my rotors or brakes or something? It only happens at low speed in reverse. Don't know if it does it once they are hot I have just noticed it.

Any ideas? I bought the LC used so maybe I need new brakes?

Do you know where the sound is coming from? (Open the windows and do a test). I'd suggest taking the brake pads out and taking a look for uneven wear and checking the rotor for anything bumpy. If everything seems fine reseat the pads and see if that solves anything. If it's coming from the rear you can also take a look at the emergency brake if reseating the brake pads doesn't solve anything.

Check your brakes first. It might just be the squeal indicator telling you they are getting low. Could be that in forward, they are smooth enough to not squeal yet, but referse is "against the grain" so to speak which makes it squeal.
Also check your brake fluid to make sure it's full. I just had an odd squeak that was only the pads hitting on spot on one rotor, but making quite the squeak. I found my fluid was close to the "low" line. Filled it up and a few days later it went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom