Brakes Problems (New 2019) Heading to dealer and need advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Setting up a dealer appointment tomorrow, and hoping someone here can direct me to any threads that offer up ideas/solutions.

I have only 2,000 miles on a 2019 and my brakes are not predictable at all. Very hard to modulate to a smooth stop. With basic pressure the car starts to decelerate unevenly and when I modulate or let off it is unpredictable and even feels like the brakes will "pop" like the pistons are stuck.

Anybody had this issue? I can just hear the tech telling me now that i am making this up. I waited two months and 2,000 miles to see if it was just new pads. Even did some emergency stops to see if the pistons were stuck.

I searched tons of threads and thought I saw somewhere here that one person had a stuck piston causing uneven wear and modulation issues. Cant find it again.

Help appreciated in advance, Thanks

Setting up a dealer appointment tomorrow, and hoping someone here can direct me to any threads that offer up ideas/solutions.

I have only 2,000 miles on a 2019 and my brakes are not predictable at all. Very hard to modulate to a smooth stop. With basic pressure the car starts to decelerate unevenly and when I modulate or let off it is unpredictable and even feels like the brakes will "pop" like the pistons are stuck.

Anybody had this issue? I can just hear the tech telling me now that i am making this up. I waited two months and 2,000 miles to see if it was just new pads. Even did some emergency stops to see if the pistons were stuck.

I searched tons of threads and thought I saw somewhere here that one person had a stuck piston causing uneven wear and modulation issues. Cant find it again.

Help appreciated in advance, Thanks

Sounds to me like a unique issue on a new truck. Hopefully it's obvious to the dealer upon inspection.

What speed or situation is this happening at? It could also be that there's uneven brake pad deposits on the brake rotor. Not as likely to happen with mild OEM pads, but possible.

I hope the dealer can help. There are posts on MUD from others with brake modulation questions. Here are some brake posts; see especially the last link. If the dealer takes it for a test drive, go with them to get their real-time response.

Rear brake rotor upgrade?

Brake Rotor Issues

Could use some brake input.....

Rotors and Brakes

LC200 LX570 brake rotor replacement time - go OEM, tundra, or aftermarket?

2016+ LC and soft front brake pads

New Brake Disappointment
Thank you, sounds like from reading these and other posts my issue is unique.

I hate drivers that don’t know how to stop by letting off the brakes at the end to end smoothly. This brand new truck is so bad several passengers have made fun of me. Ughhh

Fingers crossed it is a bad caliper piston or something the dealer can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom