Brakes not building pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '92 was sitting for a while after doing new front calipers, rotors, fluid, and bleeding. Brakes were working fine after the work and before sitting. Now the pedal goes to the floor with very little effort and the brakes struggle to stop the vehicle even from 5-10mph. No visible leaks. I just replaced the master cylinder with new Aisin and even after pumping the pedal it doesn't build pressure. I attempted to bleed starting at the passenger rear but the system doesn't even build enough pressure to do it properly. When I open the bleed valve only a small amount of fluid dribbles out. Am I giving up too early on the bleeding or is there something else I should be troubleshooting?

Did you bench bleed the master first when replacing? It can be the difference between 20 pumps and 200.

Air in the line? Faulty master cylinder?

Did you bench bleed the master first when replacing? It can be the difference between 20 pumps and 200.
I did not. Reading about it now and it sounds like it may be worth taking it back off tomorrow and starting from scratch with a bench bleed. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom