Brakes help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have replaced master cylinder on my ‘92. I bled it on the bench but some fluid leaked out when connecting the lines. It never went dry. I’ve been thru 4 quarts of fluid bleeding all four wheels. Fluid comes out clean with no bubbles. But, my pedal still slowly goes to floor when breaking! Help! My grandson is coming back from Puerto Rico (coast guard) and he wants to take this POS up the rubicon! Help!

AB272D39-ADBD-4119-9BEF-89831CB8F4B7.jpeg

Did you vacuum bleed it? These don't like to be vacuum bleed. Gotta do it the old fashioned way or with a pressure bleeder or you'll never get the air out. Also, don't forget about the bleeder on the load sensing brake bias valve in the back

I once had a bad master cylinder right out of the box. Air in the lines results in a soft pedal with reduced braking, a bad seal in the master cylinder allows the pedal to go to the floor.

I once had a bad master cylinder right out of the box. Air in the lines results in a soft pedal with reduced braking, a bad seal in the master cylinder allows the pedal to go to the floor.
Also don't forget to check the slave cylinders and caliper pistons as they may be leaking. Might as well check over all the lines too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom