Brakes, Brake Pads, Hardware, Calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

After doing this so many times I am back at the newbie square.
Every time I order Toyota parts I forget some other little piece as they never sell pads with every shim, spring and what else is necessary. Price adds up, of course. OK, I can afford it, but I always forget some little thing anyway.
Also, in my recent experience NAPA Premium pads come with everything, have better rating and do not fade as badly in the mountains as the Yotas. Granted, the 'ratings' do not always translate in better performance, but seems to me in this case and for this application they did quite well. Limited miles on them though, around 600 miles, too early to tell. I was in a pinch and just grabbed what was available in my area. Otherwise, i would keep buying the so called OEM. Am I too hasty and wrong here?
Also, do you think the re-manufactured calipers are as good as new? Those have the same part numbers as the new ones with an added -84 suffix.

Thank you

Thank you. But I was asking about the Toyota remanned calipers, hence the reference to the part number in my OP.
NAPA Premium pads are actually their low tier line, not the lowest though. I just grabbed whatever was available at the moment.
I do not see a big difference in regular braking, but they were not fading in the mountains as the Toyota original ones did. Wasn't catastrophic though...
My problem with the Yota pads was not even a little fading, it is that it is never possible to get the whole kit from the get go - there is always a little tiny spring, support, fastener, shim, bracket, etc.

Example of a Toyota remanufactured caliper part number: 47750-60080-84

I am at 90,500 miles and needing brakes pads. Done discs in the past on previous vehicles but if no wear on rotors and calipers ok, can I just replace disc brake pads at all 4 corners? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom