Brake tubing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jpeace3

Threads
What size is the brake tubing on a 1995 fj80? Mine is rusty and leaking behind the gas tank. I thought it was 3/16. I know they make metric tubing nuts but do they make metric tubing?

What size is the brake tubing on a 1995 fj80? Mine is rusty and leaking behind the gas tank. I thought it was 3/16. I know they make metric tubing nuts but do they make metric tubing?
I just replaced mine. 3/16 works and is available at parts stores. Double inverted flare. M10x1.0 fittings.

did you join it to an existing line and if so did you use a 3/16 coulping?
I ran new line the entire length. The flares have to be good or you'll have leaks. So if you have to flare one end anyway you might as well get new lines the full length. Maybe do the soft hoses as well. Worth the peace of mind to do it all IMO. The rear lines off the axle tee are available at Oreilly's already flared with fittings in 40" length, bend to fit. I don't remember the other lengths, you'll need a full roll to do the long ones

I ran new line the entire length. The flares have to be good or you'll have leaks. So if you have to flare one end anyway you might as well get new lines the full length. Maybe do the soft hoses as well. Worth the peace of mind to do it all IMO. The rear lines off the axle tee are available at Oreilly's already flared with fittings in 40" length, bend to fit. I don't remember the other lengths, you'll need a full roll to do the long ones

You use the NiCop lines? I was going to replace one section along the frame but I might as well do the whole set, especially after replacing one piece from Mr. T that went from the D/S caliper to the splitter on the axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom