BRAKE QUESTION - Bremo v Powerstop v Stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone had direct comparison of two of these? With the added weight, and 37s on my truck. It seems a little lacking with stock brakes.

Please let me know your Pros and Cons.

Anyone had direct comparison of two of these? With the added weight, and 37s on my truck. It seems a little lacking with stock brakes.

Please let me know your Pros and Cons.
Referring to the 100-series in your signature? If so you may get better info in the 100-series section..

Referring to the 100-series in your signature? If so you may get better info in the 100-series section..
No, it’s about my 200, haven’t added it to the signature though.

You are missing a few more options:

Tundra OEM - front only Tundra calipers and rotors - plug and play with additional Tundra hardware, keeps OEM wheel size.
Tundra TRD BBK - front only, these are the larges brakes you can buy for the truck - 16" rotors, 6 piston/caliper!!! Find a used kit or wait for a sale and buy from Toyota. Also plug and play with additional Tundra hardware, Requires 20" wheels.
LC 2016+ OEM - front only, requires enlarging of the caliper mounting bolts on the knuckles, keeps OEM wheel
Wilwood - front or front and rear, expensive but you can fit small wheels. Min 18" wheels.
SOS Performance - use StopTech calipers but in a different package and save a little bit of money. Requires 20" wheels.

As for the efficiency of TRD BBK brakes see testing video on YouTube on a supercharged truck. Impressive.

Many people that are supercharged/hauling big trailers/running big tires have reported a big improvement using larger brakes.

I think you should first decide the minimum wheel size you want to use and what the budget is.

Last edited:
You are missing a few more options:

Tundra BBK - front only Tundra calipers and rotors - plug and play with additional Tundra hardware, keeps OEM wheel size.
Tundra TRD BBK - front only, these are the larges brakes you can buy for the truck - 16" rotors, 6 piston/caliper!!! Find a used kit or wait for a sale and buy from Toyota. Also plug and play with additional Tundra hardware, Requires 20" wheels.
LC 2016+ - front only, requires enlarging of the caliper mounting bolts on the knuckles, keeps OEM wheel
Wilwood - front or front and rear, expensive but you can fit small wheels. Min 18" wheels.
SOS Performance - use StopTech calipers but in a different package and save a little bit of money. Requires 20" wheels.

As for the efficiency of TRD BBK brakes see testing video on YouTube on a supercharged truck. Impressive.

Many people that are supercharged/hauling big trailers/running big tires have reported a big improvement using larger brakes.

I think you should first decide the minimum wheel size you want to use and what the budget is.
Thanks for the info. My wheel size is 18 inch. Staying with that, as the wheels are new, and are wrapped with a new set of tires.

That would be my only limiting factor.

2016+ or tundra it is then.

... or if the budget is not a problem then Wilwood BBK as it was designed to fit under smaller off road wheels. They have a downloadable template to check fitment.
Caliper mounting is similar to StopTech.

See links for all kinds of tech info:

Wilwood AERO6-DS Big Brake Truck Front Brake Kit 140-15473-R, 6 pistons

Wilwood AERO4-DS Big Brake Truck Rear Brake Kit 140-15474-R, 4 pistons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom