Brake push rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright...trying to bleed my brakes and the pushrod does not depress the plunger in the master cylinder, actually it barly makes it past the booster. So I am thinking that i need to lengthen it. How did anybody go about doing this? Am I overlooking anything? please help

And just to add it is already adjusted all the way out at the pedal

pushrod problem

You can adjust the rod a couple of different ways. Take the master cylinder off of the brake booster and adjust the rod or you can adjust the rod inside the truck at the brake pedal. Has the truck been sitting for awhile. if so you may have alot of corrosion in the master cyl.

I suppose this was bound to come up sooner or later. For the 71-74 boosters, there are actually two different length pushrods. I don't work on the boosters often enough to have researched when and why there were differences, but in my box of loose rods, I know there are definitely two lengths. Measure yours and call me at the shop and I can check whether or not it is the shorter one. We'll take it from there. ;)

stumpy said:
sounds like he SHOULD hope he has a short one... ;p

LOL! Funny that YOU'D say that, STUMPY :D

and now jhaha is going to think we have all posted relevant and helpful suggestions, only to find out we have reverted to our most basic form of entertainment.... the dick joke...

sorry j, i guess you just cant say 'rod' on mud without at least detouring down the road a bit... ;)

e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom