Brake pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I’ve owned my Lx470 for a while now I’ve noticed occasionally that the brake pump comes on. Obviously it comes at start up, but I’ve always heard it occasionally in stop to stop traffic. Is this ok and normal?

Make sure the pump (motor) runs about 30 seconds in the initial start. If it takes too long and you hear frequent pump run, then it's time to replace the accumulator. If you continue to drive ignoring the freequent and long pump times, you'll eventually have to replace the accumulator and motor together.

Make sure the pump (motor) runs about 30 seconds in the initial start. If it takes too long and you hear frequent pump run, then it's time to replace the accumulator. If you continue to drive ignoring the freequent and long pump times, you'll eventually have to replace the accumulator and motor together.
I’ve noticed occasionally that the brake pump comes on
^^^

On initial start it runs for the 30 sec or less.. then while under normal driving it will pop on for a brief few seconds…. I have a good pedal brakes work very well , no warning lights and no error codes

On initial start it runs for the 30 sec or less.. then while under normal driving it will pop on for a brief few seconds…. I have a good pedal brakes work very well , no warning lights and no error codes
Correct! All working good. But any changes to this process is somthing we all have to keep an eye on. My cousin's 01 Montero full size had long brake booster motor run times. He continued driving for few months and then all dash light came on and no brakes. He rebuilt the motor but experienced the same problem... long motor run times. The brakes came back to normal condition soon after he installed a new accumulator (OEM).

When accumularot loses the compressed Nitrogen gas, the motor works continuously to maintain the pressure hence premature motor failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom