Brake Pulsing Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I definitely have a weird braking problem. It happens when I am in traffic (most the time riding the brake) and I have the brake pedal engaged maybe ¼ of the way to the floor and then I need to stop; this is when the pulsing starts and the 80 doesn’t slow like it should. I feel it through the brake pedal. If I left off braking and get back on it, braking is then normal.

This definitely wakes you up and I think it could be a safety issue if someone other me has this problem happen. I also believe this happens more when the 80 is hot; it happen a lot more on my afternoon commute home from work.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Can you tell is it the ABS trying to kick in? Get the ABS light?

So they pulse when your not going that fast? My first thought was warped rotors but you normally only feel that pulse when stopping from normal speed down to a stop. I also wouldn't say I felt the warped rotors through the pedal it was more of the entire vehicle pulsing under brakeing...

phatairman said:
I definitely have a weird braking problem. It happens when I am in traffic (most the time riding the brake) and I have the brake pedal engaged maybe ¼ of the way to the floor and then I need to stop; this is when the pulsing starts and the 80 doesn’t slow like it should. I feel it through the brake pedal. If I left off braking and get back on it, braking is then normal.

This definitely wakes you up and I think it could be a safety issue if someone other me has this problem happen. I also believe this happens more when the 80 is hot; it happen a lot more on my afternoon commute home from work.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Sounds like ABS to me....

I started to get this as well and knowing the diagnosing and fixing ABS problems are generally mucho $$$, I just pulled the fuse and am much happier having full control over the braking system.

Just to be safe, I'd jack up both ends and check the specs. on all 4 rotors/pads/calipers....you could have a bolts loose or missing, etc.

-o-

This is definitely through the pedal. This happens at lower speeds; I would say <20 MPH. I just tried to replicate the problem to see if there was a ABS light while the problem happens but she operated like she should. I don't remember a ABS light on while this happened but I can't say that it didn't happen......futher testing needed.

I will check the bolts tightness later today.

Warped rotors? They are more noticable at slow speeds rather than highway speeds.

I always felt that warped rotors would worsen at higher speeds, but maybe not. First thing I'd do is jack up the front end and check your wheel bearings and control arm studs. Either one if loose will give you some movement when applying the brakes.

my vehicle just started doing the exact same thing, I was wondering if you could post a follow up to your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom