Brake Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I always have to 'pump' the Brake pedal, at least once, for braking. Firstly, by bleeding the system can I solve this problem?

Scondly, rear axle Hose also too short, tight & slighly kinked at the connection. Does this affect 'flow back' of fluid to MC & causing this problem?

Bleeding the brakes could help. Does the pedal have resistance after 1 pump?

Also the short rear line should be replaced. I'm assuming it probably gets "stretched" more when the suspension is flexed.

Replace the line with a longer one. ADJUST the brake shoes. Pumping means the shoes are traveling too far before engaging the drum. Then bleed it.

don't want to hi-jack. What if the system is bled, and the brakes "drag". And the only way to alleviate the problem is to crack the front bleeders-quickly, then the truck rolls fine. FSM says m/c is the culprit, which I will be installing . Brakes are adjusted fine.

don't want to hi-jack. What if the system is bled, and the brakes "drag". And the only way to alleviate the problem is to crack the front bleeders-quickly, then the truck rolls fine. FSM says m/c is the culprit, which I will be installing . Brakes are adjusted fine.

Actuation link between the booster and the master needs to be turned in to not make contact with the plunger in the master cylinder and keep pressure on the brake system.

That, or you have an internal issue with your brake master cylinder.

Actuation link between the booster and the master needs to be turned in to not make contact with the plunger in the master cylinder and keep pressure on the brake system.

That, or you have an internal issue with your brake master cylinder.

Is there an "end" to the adjustment of the actuation link?

FSM

You might search on it but if you go to Coolermans site he has the FSM posted there if it is the same as the older models--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom