Brake Peddle Goes From Squishy to Hard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll check that now, but my reservoir hasn't shown any signs of missing brake fluid. Also, all 4 corners have brand new OEM brake calipers. The LSPV was also replaced with a brand new OEM one.
Well, that leaves the master cylinder to give a squishy or hard pedal.

I'm still leaning towards the booster, though.

It took mine a week of DD for it to go rock hard 100% of the time.

Well, that leaves the master cylinder to give a squishy or hard pedal.

I'm still leaning towards the booster, though.

It took mine a week of DD for it to go rock hard 100% of the time.
It’s hard to say at this point. But when it comes to brake I don’t think it’s worth throwing money into it without knowing exactly what it is. And from the tests I’ve done, seems to be telling it’s not the Booster. It’s bad enough to where I don’t want to risk driving on the road. If I REALLY had to stop in an emergency, I wouldn’t be able too. Luckily it’s not my DD and I’m back in Lil Red.

One thing I’ll mention too from talking with my dad, he was talking about how fluid might be getting trapped. And he said there might be something stuck in the lines by the portion valve under the master. But I realized I have ABS. And my ABS light has been going on and off for the past few weeks.

Any fluid leaks in the system would not manifest as a hard pedal. It would be the opposite.
The pedal gets hard to push when there is no vacuum assist from the booster. This results in less pressure getting applied to the brake system and a much longer stopping distance.
If you can bleed all 4 corners along with the LSPV, then there is no fluid blockage. A blockage would not be intermittent.

Please replace the booster before you turn the car in front of you into a bottle cap.

Last edited:
I agree with joheld and bilt4me ^^^
Still sounds like booster. I did the FSM tests and got unequivocal results just like you have. I was trying to avoid replacing an expensive booster. Mine was intermittently going hard for a couple weeks until it finally went rock hard 100%.
Finally replaced the booster and was good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom