Brake pedal hard to push after turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had this problem before with my last 80 but it was years ago. After making a turn its hard to push the brake and stop then goes back to normal. Thinking its either the brake booster or master cylinder, they both look like they have been replaced already. Any input helps thanks

Ive burned through two boosters but not with notable difference in the pedal and turning. Im resigned to know a hard pedal is just another faulty booster.

Can't see why turning would have anything to do with a vacuum issue..have you checked to see if you are somehow trapping a brake line in the steering linkage?

Had the same issue with my last one seems to happen after turning for whatever reason, the lines look clear of it. Line replacement is probably a good idea either way and I will see if its the fix. From what I have read it points to vacuum but yeah not sure why turning would factor in

HU?
Why would turning drain vacuum, the two systems are unrelated. They are mechanically separated.
I would look at the soft lines that go from axel to wheel.

Any update here? I ran into this twice yesterday, quick slap of the shifter into N and regained pressure to the booster. Peddle becomes extremely hard but only monetarily, both times when slowing and turning, once R and once forward. I inspected the vacuum line and it was cracked at the manifold so i replaced. Will test today.

Currently we are near Placervile and its hotter than a Hoochi coochi... Could excessive heat have an impact? Its surface of the sun type of heat. Not sure how you people do this. :)

Yes brake booster fixed it FYI I am assuming the turning was an intermittent coincidence

@Blewseal Appreciate the feedback. Turns out "Intermittent" is now complete failure. Its fun driving that fat bastard on mechanical breaks!! It still stops, but it gatta be planned.

ALL CALL... If there is anyone near Plymouth Cali with a spare break booster for FJ80 ill pay delivery gas and a bottle of nice bourbon for the part. I can be reached at 715-410-0614 Beer is cold and I got ice for the bourbon. Any help is appreciated. Bourbon is going fast!!

That was quick. Good to go. Will have the booster monday. Happy fathers day.

I actually had this happen when I was on the trail ride Friday. Wasn't doing anything crazy. First time it's ever happened but, the truck has 316k on it and it's probably the first time it's ever been pushed that hard. Replacement booster is ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom