Brake pedal firewall assembly swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone taken a later style brake/clutch firewall assembly from a 70 and up Fj40 and put it into a pre 70 Fj40? I have a 67 Fj40 that has a busted brake/clutch assembly and want to swap it out for a later style with a brake pedal that drops to the left of steering column instead of dropping to the right. Just looking to see if anyone else has done it.

not certain but I think the distance between the brake master and the clutch master is different between the later boosted firewall and the earlier non boosted firewall, so I don't think you could just swap the pedal assemblies as they are different

guys have sectioned out the entire firewall piece, but it is more for getting a booster to fit.

not certain but I think the distance between the brake master and the clutch master is different between the later boosted firewall and the earlier non boosted firewall, so I don't think you could just swap the pedal assemblies as they are different

guys have sectioned out the entire firewall piece, but it is more for getting a booster to fit.
I should have mentioned... I am running an automatic so I do not need a clutch pedal... I just want to run a brake pedal that drops to the left of the steering column because I am using a drive by wire pedal and the assembly takes up the entire right side of the steering column... I could heat and bend a pedal to make it work but I would prefer to replace the entire assembly and do a nice neat job. Where everything can be replaced. I am going to replace a section of the firewall and run a GM booster.

I've seen it done several times. I personally think that there are easier was to get a booster in there though

I did, i used the firewall section from a newer fj40 and the pedal assembly. i used the pedal assembly to line up the firewall. Lots of drilling of spotwelds.. It will give you boosted brakes and the correct throw for the boosted brakes and a newer steering column. some pictures are in my thread in my sig line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom