Brake Parts or Conversion for FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 1982 FJ43, imported from Columbia, and want to convert the front wheels to disc brakes. The stock drums are leaking fluid and are in bad shape all around. Does anyone know where to get either (a) replacement parts for the drum brakes, or (b) conversion kit to disc brakes?

Use all the parts from the knuckles out from a disk brake land cruiser. Your knuckles/steering arms for your 82 should be the large pattern as used in similar year disk brake 40 or 60 series truck. Your drum brakes are bigger/different than the early pre-74 drum set up common in north american market. Also should be able to get parts for those late model drums as well if you wanted to keep it original.

Use all the parts from the knuckles out from a disk brake land cruiser. Your knuckles/steering arms for your 82 should be the large pattern as used in similar year disk brake 40 or 60 series truck. Your drum brakes are bigger/different than the early pre-74 drum set up common in north american market. Also should be able to get parts for those late model drums as well if you wanted to keep it original.

X2 Toyota discs are the way to go. Got 19 years and 95k miles out of first set of pads and they weren't done... But felt they should be replaced anyhow.

Smasher86

I'm doing the same thing to my 1981 FJ43 I imported from Colombia.
I sourced everything I needed from a 1985 FJ60 at the local junkyard. Including the Aisin hubs for $400. But that's here in Colorado.
Surely Texas has some FJ60 front axles laying around somewhere?

Good luck and would like to see your 43.

The "Colombian" invasion is on.....

devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom