1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Pads

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Wayne, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Wayne

Wayne Bought by His blood, kept by His power

What's the difference in performance, wear, cost, etc. between OEM, semi-metallic and ceramic pads? With new OEM or Brembo rotors, what would be a top choice in pads? I know from past threads that the 100 series pads are a good choice if one sticks with Toyota pads, but what are some other choices? Just trying to learn from your experience ..

Wayne S :cheers:

2. Junk

Junk

BUY OEM for your brakes, both rotors and pads and get them from the Cdan.

3. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

The TRD pads are not only a waste of money but do damage to the rotors. Most other aftermarket brands may give a "lifetime" warrantee but don't last with the exception of Metal Masters. Even though pads are easy to change I have better things to do in my free time. Either OEM or Metal Masters for 100 series will be a tight fit on the front with the anti-squeal shims, but still will give excellent performance and wear. In the past I was lucky to get 28k miles with OEM 80’s front pads but I’m a just short of that now and it looks like I still have another 10k before I need replacement. The rears with Metal Masters look hardly worn in 20k miles