Brake pad wear question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While putting my old brake pads back into my front rotors I noticed that one is a tad more worn than the other and don't remember which one goes where.

Kernal, I would think you would be able to visually look at them and determine which direction they are installed, based on ware patterns? I could be off on this, but it seems to make sense.

I already looked and can't tell any difference other than one is slightly more worn than the other; they've only been on about 6000 miles.

Other than one being thicker than the other are they wearing alright?

time to throw in 100 series pad.

OK, figured it out by looking at the metal plate at the back the pad where the anti-rattle clip rubs up against the metal. The thinner pad was on the outboard side with the wear indicator located at the bottom, same on the other side. I think the inboard pistons are just slightly further out which made it difficult to put that pad back in. What I'll do is loosen up the caliper bolts then insert the pads, then tighten down the bolts; that should push the pistons back on that side. They are 100 series pads but may be replacing them with EBC 7000 Greenstuff pads soon (100 series).

If his pads still have plenty of life left there is no reason put brand new pads on.

Kernal I think you should be alright just putting them back in on either side, as long as the surfaces look to be in good shape.

Kernal, glad you got it sorted out!

I thought of doing that to even out the wear, thinking.

I got the pads back where they came from, just had to work them a bit. Once I step on the brake pedal they'll settle in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom