Brake Pad Suggestions - TRD Pads Still Seem Out of Stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but it seems like the consensus for improved brake performance has been to upgrade the brake pads from stock to the TRD pads. Those who upgraded have suggested they provide a better initial bite with more linear response. The tradeoff being more noise and dust.

My front rotors have been turned twice and all pads are sitting at 5mm after 40k miles. I'm looking to replace here soon. Going with OEM rotors. I would like to go with the TRD pads, but they still appear to be out of stock or discontinued. Some of the dealer part sites list they're available, but when I call and confirm, they're actually backordered with no expected date.

Any suggestions over OEM for the better initial bite and more linear response on a 2016?

I put on the powerstop z36 all around earlier in the year and they work great.
Was running semi metallic before and don’t really notice any difference in stopping or stopping response. I do notice a lot less dusting.

Powerstop Sport are the next best thing.

Yep, I gave up on waiting for TRD and went stock. FWIW - In April 2022, I placed an order for StopTech Fleet Performance and they have been backordered forever. New ETA is Feb 2023.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom