Brake pad recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Just replaced my front pads and rotors with OEM from the dealership. Nothing fancy, just stock brakes. But the front pads are crazy squeaky. I took it to the dealership and a second opinion mechanic and they both shrugged it off and said maybe they just need to wear in a bit. It's been about 2 months now and over 4k miles. Just looking for something that isn't insanely loud! What do you all recommend for pads?

Off the top of my head I think I reused my old ones, but I did order new slide pins from amazon.

Stock pads shouldn't be noisy.

I'd double check that your sliders are in good shape (I lubricate them ever so slightly with high temp caliper grease), anti rattle springs are in the correct orientation, backing plates are in place, etc.

I vastly prefer the Tundra TRD pads, but since they're unobtanium, I run Stoptech Sport pads which are alleged to be the same compound.

They are much noisier than either stock or TRD (especially when creeping slowly down trail obstacles) and I wouldn't really recommend them. It seems like they have more metal in the compound.

They do stop my overweight rig well though, so they have that going for them.

I suspect they didn’t put the springs back on.

I suspect they didn’t put the springs back on.
I installed them. Greased the shims and installed the springs and clips the right way. At least the way they were on before, and from what I can see on various YouTube videos. I know they shouldn’t be as loud as they are. They’re easy to swap so I’ll try another brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom