Brake mster cylinder problem-leak (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to bust on Man-it-ain't-free, but always check your local parts store first. It's amazing what they carry or can get overnight at no extra charge and it's almost always way cheaper. The LC vendors cool catalogs cost alot to produce and they get some of that back thru higher prices and extra handling charges.

I've also just noticed this week that my brakes are getting weaker...after looking at it I noticed that the rear brake reservoir is damn near empty. But the front is fine. Didn't notice any fluid around the rear cylinders, but is damp between the MC and the Booster. A new MC in order sounds like? :p

Bingo, free. Don't wait too long. :cheers:

Any imput on which one from NAPA? Big difference in price among the 6 listed. Didn't see any warranty info on these. There is a NAPA United, a Beck-Arnley, a Safety Stop, and a Tru-Stop brand. Any better than others, any to stay away from?

Of the ones you list, the 2 good ones are NAPA United, and Beck-Arnley. I usually get the United stuff and have had excellent luck. Beck-Arnley is usually repackaged OEM stuff-usually very good quality but often expensive.

Recently, I bought clutch hydraulics from JTO. Its the Aisin stuff like OEM but without the Toyota stamp. It seemed identical to the stuff I took off-ie very high quality at significant savings. I ordered online, had the parts in California a week later. I have heard horror stories before about JTO but my experience was excellent. You might want to look there for an OEM master without the OEM price. Bottom line, don't skimp on brake part quality.

Thanks I was just looking over the site. And was thinking the same thing. I too have had good dealings with them. Thanks again.

Hmm. The one dealing I had with JTO resulted in multiple phone calls, then the wrong part after weeks of negotiations. I would be hard pressed to deal with them again.

I've also just noticed this week that my brakes are getting weaker...after looking at it I noticed that the rear brake reservoir is damn near empty. But the front is fine. Didn't notice any fluid around the rear cylinders, but is damp between the MC and the Booster. A new MC in order sounds like? :p

Hi Free, i know the post is old, but i need an info.
I too have bad brakes and the rear reservoir empty. Did the replacement of master cylinder resolve your problem?
Thanks
Gilles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom