Brake MC question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

imyahucklbrry

“In Vino Veritas”
SILVER Star
Threads
GA - As close to the lake as I can afford...
1982 FJ40 stock front disc/rear drum setup...

I’ve got to replace a leaky MC and can get a roughly identical cylinder to replace it but wondered if a 80 series non-ABS MC would be a good choice with my current setup?
I have found references to this with 4 wheel disc setups but wondered if anyone had done this with the front disc/rear drum setup and found it advantageous?

This is what I’m looking to use:
OEM Brake Master Cylinder for '94 Land Cruiser FZJ80 Without ABS

I can't think of a good reason NOT to use it. Getting rid of an extra reservoir is a good reason TO use it. Pretty much a bolt on deal. You just need to be sure the push rod stroke is correct.

Yes, an 80 series MC is a good upgrade, I just did mine, but I've got 4 wheel discs. Check availability of rebuild kits for your current MC. It's an easy rebuild.

It is a good upgrade, but will make your brake pedal stiffer because its a larger size piston.

Its the setup I run and I like it.

since you have rear drums you may be better off with the virtually identical master from a 90’s 4Runner or FJ80.

The 80 series is a larger size piston? I thought it was a smaller diameter...pushes less fluid but at a higher pressure. Am I wrong again?

I use a MC from the 60 series trucks, I have Toyota front mini truck discs and late rear drums and the mini truck booster. That combination works well.

I recently replace my BB/ with a dual diaphragm BB and FZJ80 non ABS MC from city racer. Added a brake proportioning valve from wildwood. 1911 helped me throughout the process.
Nice upgrade

49C2206F-B996-4F3F-A090-964A608D5EA5.jpeg

Much thanks.... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom