brake master, which one??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a 10/92 v6 4 runner at a junk yard with the calipers i want ( 30$ each) for my 71 fj 40 disc conv.

i can also get the master cylinder and booster for 35 bucks.

my question is will the master and booster work for me? i'v searched and read, and think that this master will work but not sure bout the booster and how hard it would be to install?

or is there a better/easier application i should go with?

sorry if this is already out there, butt i want to be sure before i spend the money.

I am in the process of a similar project right now on a 71 FJ40. the booster I got was off a 91 Land Cruiser wagon (series ???). The MC was off a 91 4 Runner. The booster is physically bigger than the stock one. It will fit, but it will be very close to the clutch MC. If you suspect your clutch MC at all now is the time to change it when you can easily get to the bolts since once the booster is in place you will have a very hard time reaching them. You will probably need a spacer, I did. The donor rig probably has the spacer already, but if not it needs to be about 3/4 inch thick. I fabbed mine out of aliminum. Are you going to 4 wheel disc? I am. The prices sound good, close to what I paid. Good luck.

i'm going to wait on the rear dick and just get new OEM wheel cylinders. i have alot of other issues. like power steering and finishing the SOA the PO started on (the cut and turn part) and some other stuff.

I don't know if the donor rig had a spacer or not, the master and booster is just hanging there so maybe someone allready got it. i'll look for one on a differnt one thats there.

thanks for your info. i appreciate it.

hey handcannon, where are you located at in the valley?

I Have an Albany address, but I live closer to Jefferson. I am just north of the paper mill that is beside I-5.

i'm about a hour and 45 min. south of you, next i-5 also. we'll have to hook up some time when i get mine finished and go wheelin.

Which way from the big rock with the weather goats? North or south? I lived in Grants Pass for a couple years back in the early 70's and did a lot of driving on the I-5 corridor. Still go to Cave Junction about once a year. My 40 is down for a while also, doing 4 wheel disc, steering column and some wiring. May take a while since the guy who is helping me with fab work is in Alabama for a couple weeks with his job. In the meantime I'm running steel brake lines and taking care of misc stuff. Good luck with your project.

i live about 4 or 5 miles north of the big rock (Mt. Nebo). no more goats though, they hualed of what was left of them quit a few years back because they were worried about wrecks on I-5 when they would cross it sometimes. thats what i've been told any way since i was alitle young to remember.

PM me next time you are going south and we can get together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom