Brake master cylinder leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a leak coming from my master cylinder. Trying to figure out if it’s a) a master cylinder replacement, b) a pressure switch replacement, or c) an indicator of an issue elsewhere in the system. Check out the circled area in the pic. Open to recommendations.
F19676C4-54B2-4900-B435-4AC704FEE86D.jpeg

I had same issues.... rebuilt mine with kit from @cruiseroutfit - problem solved CHEAP 👍

Have you tried to tighten the switch into the housing? First I should ask is it leaking from the threads or the housing below? If threads try tightening if the housing then replace.

Went ahead and ordered a couple of aftermarket sensors from CCoT. I’ll give that a shot. Is it safe to assume that some thread sealant would be appropriate?

Are those supposed to be easy to unscrew/tighten? I tried using vice grips and couldn't unscrew mine off. Maybe they used some kind of thread sealant too

Went ahead and ordered a couple of aftermarket sensors from CCoT. I’ll give that a shot. Is it safe to assume that some thread sealant would be appropriate?

It's been a number of years since I messed with mine but I believe they are a tapered thread. I don't specifically remember using any sealer on mine.

Update:
Replaced the sensor in about 5 minutes. No more leaks. It was a surprisingly unmessy job even though I prepared for the worst.

Last edited:
Great when a fix is that ‘simple’ huh!
I rarely get those... 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom