Wanted Brake Master Cylinder kit for 5/75 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Cruiser heads, I'm looking for a brake master cylinder rebuild kit for my 1975 fj40 (makde 5/75). I know some say not to rebuild, but the cylinder is perfect inside. The seals/gaskets just rotted away from 35 years of being in fluid. Really, it's the last 2 years of sitting unused (previous owner). I'd really like to rebuild this unit and or get an additional unit (good working or for core). if anyone has a kit, or knows where to get them (besides Cruiser Outfitters - awaiting a return call), please let me know.
Thanks!
-Jeremy

Bump to the top...
I have ran into a snag. Napa seems to be the only place to get the master cylinder rebuilt and they have the kits for my particular master cylinder on BACK ORDER for months. Other than paying $200+ (which I can't afford right now) from SOR or CCOT, it seems like I'm stuck with no brakes. Anyone have anything to help a fellow Cruiser lover get this FJ40 back on the road? It looks like i can swap master cylinders from other 75-78 ish models, and probably many others. Anyone with any help is greatly appreciated!
-thanks in advance
-Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom