Brake Master alternatives? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I have a 71 im just begining a restore on.

I'm wondering if I can use a brake master from another type of rig? basically just change out the mc and the hard lines? Is this possible? I would think theres some older (similar) toyota or other mc that would bolt on?

Someone who knows more than me please help me out.

And if not, whats the next best thing to get my current mc up and running? kit?

thx for answering my questions.

There are a lot of booster/master combinations that will work. I think you have the curved "stiffener" on the firewall so about anything goes. Do a search and there is more than you will want to read.
What is bad on your current setup? I think a '71 is a 1" bore MC, which is good.
Is the booster bad? New brakelines...? good idea. I redid all mine. Many are still available from Toyota, but easy enought to bend up yourself.

GL

Ed

the double reservoir masters are still available from the dealer. I have a rebuildable one if you want a used one from a '72 (didn't come with a prop valve).

If you are running disc brakes, JT outfitters sells a direct bolton break mastercylinder for $126 which is proportioned to run 4 wheel disc brakes. Visit the web site below and scan down, Bill used a MC from I believe a 1994 toyota pickup that bolted directly to the FJ40 for around $65.

http://www.wejacks.com/Cruisers.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom