brake light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why is my brake light guage coming on when the E-brake is not pulled up. It comes on when it wants but it seems to come on when I turn. Thanks in advance?

I believe it also signals low brake fluid, so you might want to check that out real quick and see if that fixes the light issue.

I believe it also signals low brake fluid, so you might want to check that out real quick and see if that fixes the light issue.

x2. and if you fill the reservior and light comes on again in a few months, you just bought yrself a new master cyclinder.

ask me how i know.... :doh:

My brake light comes on if you hit the brakes hard. Brakes are very touchy. Brake light does not come on if you just lightly touch them. I've bled the brakes several times. Brake fluid level is ok. How did you find out you needed to replace the master cylinder? Thanks

Brake light and parking brake are different indicator lights. You either have a bad master cylinder or a leak in the brake lines. It will come on during a turn because your brake fluid is just at the minimum to keep the float thing away from the contact, but when you turn, it drops as the fluid moves to the side, indicating low brake fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom