Brake light and buzzer sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was bleeding the brakes fluid after putting on new caliper, I just let the old fluid in the reservoir to reach low line and then adding new fluid I repeat this on all four corners, I made sure no air gets into the system. When all tidy up I just pump the brakes 20 - 30 times ,Then Brake light come on and hear a buzzer sounds for 3 seconds or so. Then stop. And it seems consistent after pumping brakes 20 - 30 times (light to moderate pressure) the brake light and the buzzer will come on

Key is in on position
Engine is off

Is this normal ? truck drives fine , stop fine . though we plan to have a big 2000km trip coming up.

so far truck only driven 10- 20km on the weekend only going through small mountain hill nearby

truck is 1998 lx470 stock

bump. can someone experiment pumping the brakes 20-30 times light pressure on key ignition on and engine off?

does it buzz and brake light comes on for a few seconds?

appreciate it.
:)

Happened to me when I did a brake fluid full bleed and refill with DOT4. Mine happened when I turned the key to on/acc. The level was too low at that time. Poured in until it reached the “max” line. Bled all 4 corners, topped up again til max level and buzzer never went off again as well the brake light.

Its the brake fluid reservoir/pressure sensor detecting I was low on brake fluid. Drove it now for 100 miles and brake pedal feel is just better. Getting the unwanted air pocket in the brake lines definitely made a huge difference, plus brake fade is a thing of a past now with the DOT4. Try not to turn the key when refilling and bleeding and topping up. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom