Brake issues - Help!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I have 2007 JDM 100 series without VSC. I replaced the whole Booster assembly about 10000 miles ago and brakes have been fine until the recent past where I've started experiencing 2 types of intermittent symptoms.
1. Brake pedal goes in when braking and no braking power.. second pump sometimes resumes braking force.
2. With ignition on and brake pedal depressed, the pedal pushes my foot up, then pops and goes down (not all the way) and it keeps happening again.

I tried bleeding and flushing the system, including hitting the brakes on a gravel road a few times and bleeding to get air out of the ABS, and I did get some air out.

What are your thoughts? Still air in the system? Is there a pushrod adjustment like regular brake booster systems? Should I check flexible brake lines?
Failing booster? Though I'd scratch my head if a brand new unit fails in 10000miles
Using DOT4 fluid in hot humid environment. No leaks, all calipers rebuilt long before replacing unit.
I will hook up techstream to check for codes in the meantime.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Yep, I was struggling with the soft pedal issue after replacing the booster. Anyway, use techstream to diagnose to the brake abs and use techstream to bleed the air out. I had to do bleed each wheel 2 times in the row to get all air out. Make sure the bleeder line touches the bottom with old brake fluids to prevent air travel back to brake valve during bleeding. I used this as a sample to bleed the brake.

So guys, update, there are no codes, not with Techstream, and not with Launch.
I did try and get some bleeding done with Techstream over the weekend and got a bunch of air out from the LHS Front. But still have a very soft pedal. I also went out on a gravel road and hit the ABS a couple of times and bled again, got a bit more air out as well. So my pedal feels soft and still occasionally goes down sometimes.
Still not sure what is wrong with this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom