Brake Hose Help, Need Part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm trying to source Toyota brake hoses for the front axle on my 1981 FJ40. I've tried obtaining these 5 times through different dealerships and they consistently order a hose in the 7.25" to about 9" length. The hoses should be approximately 10.5"....? And I need both driver and passenger side. Anyone have a part number for the 8/80 and later FJ40 front brake hoses? I've also tried the usual suspects: Toyota online parts catalogues, CCOT, SOR, CruiserCorps, but all I find are aftermarket stainless options. I'm really hoping this part isn't NLA through Toyota.
Sincerely appreciate the help.

Are you sure of the published length for that number ? Is the vehicle lifted or stock height ?

Are you sure of the published length for that number ? Is the vehicle lifted or stock height ?
Totally stock. I messed up and threw the old ones away when I was doing the tear down thinking “I’ll replace this”. Clearly a dumb move.

Have you tried ?

All of them are available through toyota. Dealership parts guys are typically only going to be as smart as the part number you give them.

Are you wanting the hoses to the brake calipers or axle to frame?

caliper hoses for the original configuration, running from the axle housing to the dust shield/backing plate.
96940-39855 EDIT sorry this is for 60 series

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Cruiser182. This is the issue. I double checked and actually have part 96940-39855.
37FAE5BD-944E-4C8C-AF0E-A73FB7D64E29.jpeg
It’s way too short. I’m almost positive the part you listed was one of the many hoses I’ve tried ordering to find it’s too short. That item is listed as 7.1” long on another Toyota website and the span is in the 10-11” range. Here’s a photo of the above hoses in position on the axle:
37AE2C7E-C855-419F-96AD-F9D1663F9BA1.jpeg

Looks like there are ambiguous part numbers for the subject hose:

a1_MC7242E.jpg

47313A: 96910-32305

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom