Brake Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drewk

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Mud
I just installed a new City racer booster, OEM master, all new brake lines, new rear wheel cylinders on my 77 40. Now comes the problems. I went to bleed the brakes this evening and I am not getting any fluid from the rear P or D when I crack the lines to bleed . I do get fluid when I crack the front P and D. I went to the 1st rear line at the master and loosened it to see if I am getting fluid and I am not.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Drew

The problem could be that you didn't properly adjust the rod between the master and the booster.

Do you get fluid at the first connection off the Master cylinder? Have someone push the pedal while you crack the fitting. If your line are empty it will take a while to get fluid back there. A second person or a vacuum bleeder will help.

Do you get fluid at the first connection off the Master cylinder? Have someone push the pedal while you crack the fitting. If your line are empty it will take a while to get fluid back there. A second person or a vacuum bleeder will help.

Shawn,
I get fluid at the front from the 1 connection but nothing at the proportioning at the master

This is the location I get no fluid from when I crack it open

IMG_2993.JPG

Do you get fluid there when you crack the line and then push the brake down?

Very strange... I would pull that line off of the master and proportioning valve, have some one push the pedal down. Once the pedal is down, seal off that port with your finger, and let the pedal back up. It should draw the fluid down into the chamber. Do that a couple, (maybe 10 or so) times. If fluid still doesn't get there I would contact City Racer. If fluid does come out hook that line back up and bleed it at the proportioning valve. Then you should be able to move to the rear of the vehicle.

Very strange... I would pull that line off of the master and proportioning valve, have some one push the pedal down. Once the pedal is down, seal off that port with your finger, and let the pedal back up. It should draw the fluid down into the chamber. Do that a couple, (maybe 10 or so) times. If fluid still doesn't get there I would contact City Racer. If fluid does come out hook that line back up and bleed it at the proportioning valve. Then you should be able to move to the rear of the vehicle.

Ibinazbass you the man, I did the finger over the port got it going. Once again Mud has saved the Day!

Ibinazbass you the man, I did the finger over the port got it going. Once again Mud has saved the Day!

Not a problem! Happy to help a fellow Muder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom