Brake feel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced/rebuilt my entire brake system except for some of the lines and converted the rear drums to disc. The new booster is a dual diaphragm and i think it my be working to good. There isn't much brake feel at all till 30-40% down but it is slowing down as soon as i touch the brake and it stops effortlessly.
I just want a little feeling to it so it's not so easy to over brake. Is there any like a proportioning valve for the vacuum line? something i can adjust to get the best feel?

Thanks!

4/77 40

What size master cylinder?

What calipers are you using front and back?

sorry it took so long to gert back to your questions, I do appreciate the help.
the booster is a #53-2460 8.5" diameter (90's 4runner booster)
the master is a Dorman M39996 New Brake Master Cylinder 1" bore

forgot to add the calipers,
on the front are stock that came on the truck
the rears are monte carlos

really i was just wanting to know if there was a proportioning valve that could be used on the booster vacuum. don't really want to start replacing new part that work.

Thanks for any feedback

i found a 3/8" NPT Inline Flow Control Valve that i could adjust to reduce the vacuum on the booster. less vacuum=less boost=more pedal resistance? any reason this wouldnt work or a bad idea?

part link

"except for some of the lines "
you might want to elaborate on this part of the issue. Hard lines or soft lines were not replaced.

rear soft lines were replaced
rear hard lines across axel were replaced
the other soft lines were in good shape. they look like there were replaced by PO.
the other hard lines were not leaking so i didn't bother with them.

was also thinking replacing the spring on the brake pedal with a stronger one to create a little resistance. finding the right one would be the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom