Brake Failure on 200 series / LX570. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KRR

Threads
Hello all,

Want to ask the members here regarding brake failure if it is a common issue on the 200 series? Over the past few days I had two buddies both with LX570 (2008 with 95k miles & 2012 with 80k miles) had to replace their Brake Booster Assy PN 4705060170, due to fault code C1256, Low Pressure Accumulator.

It happened while driving, VSC light came on and loss of braking pressure. Restarted the car and it went back to normal again. Have any of you experienced something similar? Should I considergetting mine replaced as preventive maintenance?

Thanks guys..

I’ve been on this forum almost daily since early 2018 and can remember posts about 1 or maybe 2..

It may not have been the root issue but the accumulator is available separately and is much cheaper than the whole booster.

Hello all,

Want to ask the members here regarding brake failure if it is a common issue on the 200 series? Over the past few days I had two buddies both with LX570 (2008 with 95k miles & 2012 with 80k miles) had to replace their Brake Booster Assy PN 4705060170, due to fault code C1256, Low Pressure Accumulator.

It happened while driving, VSC light came on and loss of braking pressure. Restarted the car and it went back to normal again. Have any of you experienced something similar? Should I considergetting mine replaced as preventive maintenance?

Thanks guys..
I wonder if there is something unique to the location (Indonesia) for that failure? I did a search on Mud for that DTC and your post was the only one that came up. Extremely rare failure!

I heard of the failure in 100 series only as well, but always thought that it was because people seldom flush brake fluid and due to condensation water would collect at the bottom causing rust related issues and pump failures.

I would flush mine out every 3-5 years and never had any issues.

I heard of the failure in 100 series only as well, but always thought that it was because people seldom flush brake fluid and due to condensation water would collect at the bottom causing rust related issues and pump failures.

Most likely right. A big reason why i have always changed brake fluid every 100k. Steering fluid as well.

I’ve been on this forum almost daily since early 2018 and can remember posts about 1 or maybe 2..

It may not have been the root issue but the accumulator is available separately and is much cheaper than the whole booster.
Right, i did search around and didn't find post regarding this issue on the 200/201. However for long term use and as preventive maintenance its better to change the whole assembly, i guess.

I have heard of this on the 100 series but, after 450k miles, never encountered it or talk to anyone else who has. Seems like a 1 in 50,000 chance of occurrance.
Yes, over here its a common failure on all versions of the 100 series (Australian, Japanese (Land Cruiser Cygnus) and the LX470) as early as 70k miles. However, have not heard (if any) of the 200 series failure as many as the 100.

I wonder if there is something unique to the location (Indonesia) for that failure? I did a search on Mud for that DTC and your post was the only one that came up. Extremely rare failure!
I believe its because of the humidity and plenty of stop and go traffic / traffic jams?

Its humid over here and condensation is easier to occur. I believe you are right. Plenty of 100 series having this issue.

Most likely right. A big reason why i have always changed brake fluid every 100k. Steering fluid as well.
I think its best to change 100k or every two years, depending which comes first.

Thanks a lot for all the replies and input... I do a lot of road trips both for work and leisure family. That is why i'm considering getting it replaced as preventive maintenance and for safety issues as well. However, it is quite expensive though and few workshops told me not to change it just yet as every thing seems to be in working order.

Maybe both of my friends failures are rare issues that came up because of bad maintenance from previous owners? FYI, one of them is using DOT 5.1 and the other has front and rear BBK. Maybe using other than DOT 3 could be another cause?

There is no reason to run any brake fluid other than quality dot 3 in our rigs.

In fact, the trade off for the higher temperature rating is dot 4 absorbs humidity more quickly than 3.

Last edited:
There is no reason to run any brake fluid other than quality dot 3 fluid in our rigs.

In fact, the trade off for the higher temperature rating is dot 4 absorbs humidity more quickly than 3.
That is correct. That's what I heard as well..

There is no reason to run any brake fluid other than quality dot 3 fluid in our rigs.

I wasnt going to but there was evidence of boiling on 2 of my lines.
With the new brakes and how i drive, i said f it.

Ill be monitoring the fluid though, well see how it is after a year.
If i were in Houston though, I may have not switched.

the issue on the 100 was not PM related - it was bad design in the early 100's which they improved in the 2005+ refresh to an extent. (Plunger design and boost circuit).

I've not heard of much of it on the 200, but as a victim of the 100 Accumulator failure, hope it doesn't make a return appearance on my 200!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom