Brake boosters for 99 LC… can’t get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
Mom’s 99 is in need of a new booster assembly. It’s still working, but it leaks, and with 270k on the truck it could lose a motor or a seal any day now. I want to replace the entire thing voluntarily before somebody’s day gets ruined.

There’s absolutely nothing on eBay other than non-brand Chinese-made stuff.

When the booster in my 1998 Lexus GS went out, I was able to use one from a 2002 SC430, and all I had to do was swap the pressure sensor to make it work.

Are there any cross-compatible booster assemblies for the 1999 LC (doesn’t have ATRAC or anything)? Would a later model one work? They all look mechanically the same other than the reservoir and accumulator on a select few.

I sure would hate for one unobtanium part to put an end to this otherwise perfectly-functioning vehicle.

good used?
or
there is a guy in OR? that rebuilds the units

good used?
or
there is a guy in OR? that rebuilds the units

How thorough is his rebuild and what is his contact? We’d need a motor rebuild, master cylinder rebuild and the accumulator recharged.

Anyone know about the cross compatibility, even with the same year LX470? There are a few of those on eBay but they have skid control and whatnot so I don’t know if they’d work.

How thorough is his rebuild and what is his contact? We’d need a motor rebuild, master cylinder rebuild and the accumulator recharged.

Anyone know about the cross compatibility, even with the same year LX470? There are a few of those on eBay but they have skid control and whatnot so I don’t know if they’d work.
You can buy the accumulator motor from a few places, and put a new Toyota piston in. Where is it leaking from? There are only a few points where it can leak - reservoir grommets and piston seal being the main areas. Both are cheaper parts. Master "rebuild" piston is about $60 and the grommets are around $20. The motor is more but options have reduced it to about $350

Here is a place that looks to be selling a variety of combinations.

Last edited:

His name is Andy Le and is active on the UZJ100 Facebook group. Great reputation and have never read or seen anything negative. He also has an eBay store where he sells them.

Here is a screenshot from his eBay store page
C977F485-6830-42EB-BCC4-A41DEDC1093C.jpeg

Thanks a ton, I’ll investigate all of these.

I still would really like to know about cross-compatibility because chances are I may just need to swap the entire thing. The leak is coming from somewhere on the bottom half of the assembly and the odds of electrical corrosion in unfixable places are quite high.

(It passes all the pressure tests and drives just fine, in case you’re wondering.)

Late 3rd gen and early 4th Gen 4Runner boosters are compatible with the ATRAC/VSC 100s. Not sure about non-ATRAC/VSC 100s tho.

Personally, I would just buy new reservoir grommets, master cylinder kit, a new accumulator, and rebuild your existing motor ($250-300).

Late 3rd gen and early 4th Gen 4Runner boosters are compatible.

They'll swap into the 98-99 100s without the traction control?? I'm seeing part number 47210-35040 for the 01-02 4Runner, that sound right?

They'll swap into the 98-99 100s without the traction control?? I'm seeing part number 47210-35040 for the 01-02 4Runner, that sound right?
Sorry - I was in the process of editing my post when you responded. See edits above.

Crud. Just the accumulator alone is over $500, more than a used 4Runner unit from eBay...

Not sure where you’re finding these prices at but you can get a new OEM accumulator for $300-400. Hell, you can get a new motor + accumulator for $750-800.

True, but if I can get a complete unit for $500 (or even $800 from CruiserParts), that's a heck of a lot less work. I've swapped these before, it's surprisingly easy.

I'm thinking good used complete unit here on Mud would be less than cruiserparts,

I’m in contact with Ande Le and that looks like the best route. Thanks for that reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom