brake booster? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
while going to climb in i noticed that spring pin was wet... turned out to be brake fluid.
i think my brake booster is leaking, it started after i refilled the reservoir after taking the brake lines off for a SOA but i refilled it with DOT4. is there a big diff between DOT3 which was in it and DOT4 which is what i put in.( i thought DOT4 was just higher quality)would that cause it to leak? would air in the lines cause it to leak? or was it just weird timing that it started after i got down with the SOA? im gonna go and see if the brake line coming out of the master cylinder is loose, but i dont think that it is :-\...

thanks agian everyone
-al

Brake boosters don't leak fluid, only vacuum.
Its either a loose line or your master cylinder. If its coming from between the booster and master then your master needs replacement.

don't say damn quite yet....

Booster = ~$600
Master = ~$200
Rebuild Kit for Master = ~$30

Booster is indeed vacuum. I had mine fail and it would make a sucking noise when on the pedal.

Leaking fluid is most likely master or just loose lines....check the bottom of the master and booster for telltale fluid.

Wipe it clean and see where you have a leak...If it is the lines...try reseating them with some teflon tape...if your master is dry and you see fluid at the rear where it hits the booster.....faulty master and needs rebuilt/replaced.

Could this be an overfill issue..post spring over. Did you push the pistons back in the calipers at all during the SOA fun ? Clean it all up good and then get a good looksee at where it's coming from. As Dan said MC rebuild kits are heap cheap and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom