Brake booster rebuild or replace ..? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have remove brake booster (FJ40 1976 with frond disk). The booster is seized.
I have spare Asco booster from early model (with one membrane) in working condition.
Can I use early brake booster from pre 75 on my 76? I have read here it could be adjusted.
Also it is worth to try repair sized booster? It is even possible or I will just wast my time ?

Spare booster from 1970-75? :
IMG_2394.jpeg

Seized booster from 1976:
IMG_2312.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg

I have remove the master cylinder .. still can't push ...

Master cylinder also seized....
IMG_2396.jpeg

I had my '74 booster rebuilt by Booster Dewey before I swapped to discs on the front. Still using the same booster and it seems to work just fine. They did a great job on the rebuild, btw. Price was reasonable and it was done fast. Not sure if they can turn an old single diaphragm into a double, but you might call him and see.

I used the new city racer dual diaphragm and 80 series 1" master in my 76. Disks up front, drums in back and it will lock up all four 37" tires if I step on them. Couldn't be happier
Thanks for sharing your experience. This what I worry sometimes, how good after-market staff. Specially from China.
I believe City Racer not get it from China, but all those staff on e-bay.. for example.. too cheap to be in good quality...

Rockauto has new production SKP boosters for $94 no core, im very happy with the performance of mine so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom